~WELCOME TO MY DOULA SERVICES PAGE~
It is a joy to support families during their labor and to witness the moment a new family is born.
The first step along my journey as a birth keeper was to become a doula and join families on their labor and birth experience. I've served families as a doula since 2010 and I received my doula certification from DONA International in 2012.
Since this time I have received certification as a Lactation Counselor (CLC) with Healthy Children's Center for Breastfeeding from 2012-2015, I completed my Master's Degree in Public Health (maternal and child health), and as of 2015, I am an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant; all of which complement my role as your doula.
After a phone call we can meet for coffee/tea for an "interview". If we decide to work together, my fee is $800 (deposit is $300) and includes:
- Email, phone, and text communication with me for questions, resources, and support.
- At least one prenatal meeting at your home (usually in the 7-8th month).
- Access to my lending library.
- "On-call" for your birth from 38 weeks until delivery.
- Attendance at your birth (I stay for at least 2 hours postpartum until everything is "settled" and you are ready to sleep). I can also help with early breastfeeding here.
- At least one postpartum visit to discuss the birth and support you with breastfeeding.
I am happy to discuss payment plans and/or other arrangements!
If you are interested in setting up a time to speak with me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, message me on Facebook @WisdomandBirth, or give me a call at 720-933-4005 and I will respond to you promptly!
I currently serve the Colorado Springs area and I attend families in any birth location: hospital, birth center, or at home.
Congratulations on your new addition to the family!